Organizational Design and Resource Optimization
Organizational Strategy, Structure and Design
Consilio’s approach to organizational design begins with an assessment of the current structure and how that structure might be optimized to further support the business goals. We look at how both people and processes are contributing to the effectiveness of the department, and recommend alternative structures that will further the goals of the law department and organization.
Understanding that people are the law department’s most valuable asset, our project team works with our clients to ensure a plan is in place to deliver communications from the right people, with the right message, to enable change advocacy and acceptance.
Our organizational design solutions are tailored to individual client needs, but typically include:
- Proposed organizational structure scenarios with pros and cons of each option
- Comparative analysis of how each proposed structure can help achieve departmental objectives and corporate vision
- Role profiles and job descriptions to support the personnel in the new structure
Internal Workload Assessment
Traditional law department management tactics focus on internal headcount and cost cutting. High functioning law departments focus on transformation through value-based workload allocation and proactive resource management.
Consilio’s internal workload assessments are the first step to accelerate law department performance. Our assessments focus on qualitative feedback received through focus groups and interviews and quantitative data collected via surveys, to help answer questions, such as:
- How is work distributed in the department and what is the volume of effort?
- Are roles, responsibilities and career paths clearly defined?
- What is the risk, complexity and value of the department’s work portfolio?
- What work should the department stop doing, do more of or do less of?
- Are resource levels aligned to the right type of work?
- Where can non-legal resources, technology or streamlined processes improve productivity and drive value?